mandag den 28. januar 2013

Dreadful slurping

So now I am writing another post, I am on fire!
No but this time I got people asking me to make more posts about Japan, amongst them is my mother, and I thought I would be so kind and do!

First of all, everybody asks me if I am okay with the japanese culture and way of living and if I am getting used to the routine! And of course I am, I was after the first month! I mean it's very different from western cultures, but still not CRAZY as everybody thinks! The is ooooooone thing though that I can't get used to and NEVER will! They have many funny small things here that they just do, and maybe you have to do it too, so of course I follow all the rules and try to blend in as much as possible! But here is the thing... In Japan they love to eat noodles and foods like that (ramen, udon, soba etc.), and they eat this by slurping it into their mouths! And I mean REALLY REALLY loud! I (of course) do not complain to them about it, but I just die a little bit inside everytime.... I can feel my inner devil telling me to pee in the noodlesoup, that is how annoyed I am! And I will never be able to do it either, even though it is far more convienient than the fancy-ass way we eat it in the western countries. I come from a home where my father would strange a three year old if he made annoying sounds, so I guess that just moved on to me too! But while I am in Japan, I have no reason to complain to them, since it is their culture and I love it too! (except the slurping, it torments my soul).

But let's stay positive! Here is a funny thing that I thought about the other day; I wrote about how japanese adopted some english words, but did you know that I can name quite a few words on the top of my head, that we speak in english, that are actually japanese! Here is a few:
Brings back memories!

TSUNAMI = Where "tsu" means "habour" or "port", and "nami" means "waves".

KARAOKE = Where "Kara" means "empty" (the same "kara" as in "karate"), and "oke" is short for    orchestra.

TEKKEN (the video game) = this actually means "fist"! Where the "te" means hand (as in karaTE).

KARATE = Now you should know that this means "empty hand".


This is the only ones I could think of but it's something!!






Okay, talk to you guys later! (maybe)









2 kommentarer: